Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Chi-Town

I'm in Chicago.

My brother is a priceline god, so we are staying at the lovely Sheraton right on the river. There is free wireless in the lobby, and I decided to get a diet coke from the bar which gave me the right to snag a dish of peanuts.



My brother ate most of the peanuts. With tip, the diet coke cost $4.12.

Ouch.

We have had a great time. The awards ceremony was bizarre (too long and poorly written) and my brother didn't win (he was robbed! she says with sisterly pride) but we have nonetheless both enjoyed our (brief) time in Chicago.

I observed some classes at the Grad program at Northwestern today. We had to get to Evanston from Chicago by 9:00 am so it was a very early morning. More on that (and whether Citymouse is truly debating entering another three years of academia) in a later entry, I'm sure.

Suffice it to say, I am exhausted, and will sleep long and hard in the amazing Sheraton King Size bed that awaits me. I hear it calling me. Right... now...

3 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Blogger Joseph Pindelski said...

Ohhhhh ... no "Chi-town" ... faux pas, faux pas!

The City of Chicago ... or Chicago ... or da' City.

NU, eh????

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger playfulinnc said...

I love school. Can you ever have too many degrees?

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger SAS said...

Sorry JEMP, I didn't realize that was such a blunder!

And yes, playful, I do love school as well. What I don't love is debt. So - we'll see.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter