Friday, November 04, 2005

Calculating Insecurities




You Passed 8th Grade Math



Congratulations, you got 10/10 correct!



I often find myself working into conversations the fact that I took AP Calculus, as if that alone will assure people that I am an intelligent person.

I passed the exam. I don't remember if I got a 3 or a 4.

Blessed with the gift of selective memory, I will say a 4.

Then one time when I mentioned it to someone in a conversation he said, "Oh, but did you take AB Calculus or BC Calculus, because AB Calculus is really easy, and hardly considered Calculus at all."

Yeah. It was AB. Asshole.

4 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger Artist In Transition said...

Some of us think of you as intelligent whether you took Calculus or not.

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello SAS; If you really wish for intellectual street cred, simply mention your membership to the Jerk-Nerdian Society of America. Hope you're well old friend. Hope to see you at JD's wedding.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Tess said...

I took "Writing Intensive Honors Calculus" in college. I loved it. We got to write essays! In math class!

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Sandwich Repairman said...

When Feminists Were Real Feminists

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter