Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Thurles!

All is well. We are in Thurles (yes Messner--Durliss!) I am in the library next door to the arts center where they are performing the show. Tonight however I am not going to see GLENGARRY. On the contrary, I am walking all the way down the one main street of Thules (Durliss!) to go to the movie theater to see KNOCKED UP.

Guilty pleasures.

We stayed up way too late last night and, actually, did a whole lot of nothing today.

It was great.

The accomodations here are beautiful, a huge Georgian style house converted to a B&B. The eq and I have this super luxurious room. It's very nice.

Counting my blessings.

Slept through breakfast this morning and headed into town with that feeling in my stomach like it is eating itself away from the inside out. Looked at a few menus then wandered into a place that had a "Carvery Lunch" which is like a cafeteria style buffet thing. The one veggie option was "deep fried vegetables". I kid you not.
Not so tasty.

The eq got the plate of the roast beef which came with cabbage--boiled beyond flavor, and carrots--cooked until tasteless.

Yeah. Food? Not so happening here.

Though Ray took me to the most impressive sushi-conveyor-belt type place I have been to on Sunday. And his wife made fabulous veggie lasagna for us that night. So I ate well there.

Shoulda stored in up in my cheeks like a squirrel.

More stories later. If all goes well we will do a castle and a big rock tomorrow.

3 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TURLES!!!

That's how you have to say it. It's a rule.

Mess

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger playfulinnc said...

You had me at the squirrel cheeks.

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! travel safe and have great times! can't wait to see pictures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter