Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Useless Ranting

I'm in a shitty mood, rather inexplicably.

The weekend wore me out. Really--it was great, everything went smoothly with both wedding-related parties I attended--but Sunday just put me over the edge. Essentially, eight hours total of travel for a four hour party. My own planning, I know, but I wouldn't do that again. Clinched by the two hour wait in the Newark train station, since apparently if you buy the $111 ticket from Newark to DC as opposed to the $140 Acela ticket, they have every right to inform you that your train is delayed 2 hours and fifteen minutes and you CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. Unless you are me, who decides that a livid white girl screaming and cursing about the failure of the Sherman Laws and the supposed anti-trust rulings when it comes to Amtrak and the general state of rail travel in this country is going to be a high priority in Newark, New Jersey, a city with considerably bigger fish to fry. Seriously though, stupid white girl or no stupid white girl, it is outrageous.

Blahty-blahty-blah. I'll get over it, the mood will pass, the rest of the week will be better, I'm sure.

I'm also having a "must-get-up-to-NY-before-september" urge. Is there any way to get cheaper than $50-odd tickets for EURYDICE? Anyone know? Is it still selling out?

Ah! And I got my passport yesterday. Not that I need that to get up to NY. But, you know, sigh of relief and all.

3 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

TDF has it for $24. Let me know if you want help with the logistics--always glad to help a fellow blogger.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger SAS said...

Mark--do you mean join TDF and then use the membership for the discount? I guess that would pay off in the end... You do have to join to get the discount though, right?

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Yeah, it's only like 22 bucks or something to join and that pays for itself in no time if you like off-Broadway plays. Or I can just buy them for you with mine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter