Thursday, August 30, 2007

Musing and Important Announcement

You are 65% Rorschach!

Now we are talking. You obviously get what we are doing. Not completely, otherwise you would have scored better, but well enough that we don't pity you.

How Rorschach are you?
Make a Quiz



What's up with that? They should have been essay questions. I had good, well thought out justifications for each answer. I was robbed.

I wonder how Catalytic I am. Or how Bouncy.

Shush you.

Stressing out a bit about money and tickets and readings and Owen Wilson and airports and jobs and money and future and life and career and stuff. Again. Gets old, doesn't it?

Reading, reading is good. I started and finished EVERYMAN (see my updated sidebar) over the weekend. It is an elegantly crafted, moving, succinct book that I kind of wish I hadn't read. Don't get me wrong. It is an exquisite little book. And worth it for the grave-digger scene alone. But I don't like thinking about death. I mean, who does, but really, I mean I really really don't like thinking about death.

I do love Philip Roth. I have all these other books I need to read and I saw it at the book store and I was like, "I need a Philip Roth fix!!" this perhaps was not the one I should have chosen.

I am now reading The Handmaid's Tale which seems to be one of those books that everyone else has already read but I missed somehow.

Okay--so the most important thing you should know about right now is:

On Sunday at 8pm in the Terrace Theater at the Kennedy Center:
Bouncing Ball Theatrical Productions and Charlie Fink present:

THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF ZIDNEY
Words by Shawn Northrip
Music by Mike Pettry
This musical adaptation of the fable The Scorpion and Frog is set in the fictitious Zidney Corporation. Ike Mizner attempts to simultaneously deal with his need for Jacob Fishberger to advance the company and his own scorpion-like nature.

Featuring:
Toni Rae Brotons
Stephen Cupo
Chris Dinulfo
John Dow
Michael Grew
Jillian Locklear
Jennie Lutz
Alessandra Migliaccio
Casie Platt
Bobby Smith
Kelly Tighe

We are behind on our website updates--but Shawn has updated the Myspace page.

It's a different kind of show then our norm, in a good, stretching-us, challenging kind of way.

Come see it. It's free. And funny. And it sounds great.

4 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooooh Handmaid's Tale! One of my favorites. The market she goes to reminds me of a very old version of Eastern Market in a weird way.

Good to see you last night :)

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger hpmelon said...

I love, love that book. Love it.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Joseph Pindelski said...

Now, did you reply "bass fishing" or "quilting" for the Mandy Moore question? I think that is the clincher.

Also, I would vacation in Hell ... so long as I didn't have to experience Hell ... just tour it.

 
At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm more rorschach than you are. nanny nanny boo boo. see you sunday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter