Saturday, September 29, 2007

Despite This, I Still Plan to Head to Forever 21 Tomorrow

I am sitting in my hotel room in Milford, CT eating triscuits and hummus and watching back-to-back episodes of Sex and the City.

The equestrian just spent two days in London. He heads to Paris in the morning.

Yeah.

I am so glad to be working one job. It is great to be employed as a director. I am happy with the progress of the show, pleased with the work being done, and invested in the story.

You know what I really wish? I wish I was in London and leaving for Paris in the morning.

Life, right?

It's funny to watch SATC reruns and know which relationships are going to work out. This was the one where Carrie first connected with Berger. Bad news, right? It's as frustrating as watching people in horror movies go down dark alleys or enter scary houses when we all know they shouldn't. Walk away! Post-it note!!!

We start a prolonged tech process tomorrow.

Two nights ago we went for karaoke. I actually sang, which I haven't done in forever. My cast is a fun group to hang out with as long as I don't fixate on the fact that I am at least six years older than any of my actors. A fellow in one of the other casts was, I think, trying to chat me up. At some point he said, "I mean, I really like older women. I think someone who is older has so much more to say about life--they have stronger opinions because they've had like, more life experience. I mean, a woman who is twenty-five or twenty-six has just established more of an identity than the women who are my age--twenty-two. You know?"

I wish I was making this up. I wish he hadn't said it all with a completely straight face.

But he did.

Now, it's possible that someone in my cast set him up. "Go over to Citymouse and refer to twenty-six year olds as *older women*" But I actually think he was sincere. I tried not to laugh. I actually just wanted him to stop talking. I wanted to talk to someone with stronger opinions. Someone with more life experience.

Someone who wasn’t twenty-two.

1 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with the gaps in maturity, between ages but sometimes age and wisdom don't go hand in hand. I'm 23 ;0) but most of my friends are older and even some of them are a little immature for my tastes. Go-figure. Well if you're ever on the east side of the Bay Bridge... ya, never mind there's nothing to do here either... Btu we have a Starbucks now, so our little town thinks we're sophisticated (never mind that Starbucks is a franchise whore. lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter