Saturday, September 22, 2007

Homesick

Working out of town can be kind of lonely. I'd forgotten that.

It's not necessarily a bad thing. To a degree, I think it's a good thing for me. It focuses me. I catch up on reading, on thinking, on emails, on me. I also get to do the work I want to do for eight hours a day and for me that trumps everything.

But it is lonely.

I don't spend a lot of time by myself when I am at home. I just don't.

Here I work, I will get dinner with the cast, but then I just want to go back to my room. Maybe it's because I'm old.

The cast is young, most of them between twenty-three and twenty-six. Maybe I just feel a little bit old. Maybe it would be different if everyone was my age.

Or maybe not. Maybe it is just the nature of the beast.

Anyway, I'm very glad to be here, but I'll be so glad to see you all when I get back.

2 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger hpmelon said...

You definately are missed here. I promise copious ammounts of CM & hpmelon time upon your return.

 
At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shirley! You are missed. I feel like it's been forever. Keep doing good work and DC will see you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter