Friday, September 22, 2006

Maybe She Was Missing Project Runway


DC's critics are dropping like flies. So weird. I thought PMW was quite good and fair, if somewhat overly generous. I can't imagine what she was thinking.

What would happen if an actor just disappeared after intermission?

"Sorry. Don't feel like finishing. Choose you own ending folks."

I watched a run through of a show in town last night that I think will be a very engaging and vital piece of theater. It was a team of actors, designers and director that mixed and matched several of the smaller theater companies in town, which gave me this warm feeling about DC that I'd allowed to be shaded by cynicism in the last little while. I've now known some of these folks for five years. Watched them mature into strapping young men and women - clear leaders within the DC arts community. It made me smile.

Most exciting of all - I saw DCepticon and we have decided that he will be my career counselor. He doesn't know that we decided this, but we did. I'm thinking about asking him to be my fashion consultant too. Because he can make fun things with paperclips.

Now I just need a spiritual advisor.

I head up to NY for the last two performances of LUNCH bright and early tomorrow morning. Closing is sure to be followed by weeks of aimlessness and ennui. Good thing I belong to a book club now.

1 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger DCepticon said...

I am ready willing and able to give any career advice necessary. If you can get a pass form your third period teacher, I have some brochures you might want to look at. There is one on forrestry and another on the fast paced world of civil engineering you might want to take a look at. I also have several film strips you might enjoy about law enforcement and food services.

You are doing ok CM just keep your eyes on the prize.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter