Wednesday, July 12, 2006

IRS!


I know my posts have been lame and short lately. But maybe we are all better off when I don't ramble on for four plus paragraphs about some injustice in the world or about my early mid-life ennui, eh?

And with MB roaming the hills of Ireland I just don't feel like I know my audience anymore.

On the upside - we got out articles of incorporation. Thanks to Mrs. Hensen at the DEPARTMENT OF CONSUMER AND REGULATORY AFFAIRS BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL LICENSING ADMINISTRATION CORPORATIONS DIVISION who sat on the phone with me while she sorted the mail, pulled our application, fixed our clerical error, expedited processing and then sent it downstairs so I could go pick it up. I then found my way through the maze of government buildings between 1st Street and North Capitol (which is a little bizarre - had I not been on this mission I would never have known this whole complex of concrete bureaucracy existed) and retrieved our certificate.

Now we just need our tax id #. The IRS was not nearly as friendly or helpful as the DC Government on the phone. I get to start hassling them today.

Has anyone ever called the IRS before? Did you know that every employee rattles off their employee number when they get on the phone to speak to you?

"This is Robert, IRS division shmatta shmatta, number 6157687. What can I do for you?" Very 1984. Slightly disconcerting.

I told Shawn and Caehlin about it and we decided that Shawn's next show should be IRS! The Musical.

I'm surprised it hasn't been done already.

3 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The IRS was not nearly as friendly or helpful as the DC Government on the phone".

Is it just me, or is this sentence simply fraught with irony?

 
At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must have had good luck with the DC government. The agencies I've dealt with have been horrible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter