Thursday, July 06, 2006

Independence Day


Hello, hello.

I am offline during the day for the next several days and the last thing I want to do when I get home at 11:00pm is write about my day, so, meh, bad blogger.

It also means blogging from my mac and I can't figure out how to put more than one link in a post (and those links only appear with the title) so it is all too much for my tired brain to handle.

I watched the fireworks with my cousin and the entire HPMelon family on the fourth. As I expected, the HPMelons are the most adorable family EVER and her kids are smarter than yours are. Trust me, they are. We heard Stevie Wonder a playin' and watched the fireworks a poppin' and it was much less crazy than I expected the downtown fireworks to be. We stayed close to the capitol, did not venture down to the mall, and it was totally worth the lack of hassle even if there was this one pesky tree...

I did, for a moment, get choked up watching the display, framing the Washington monument, all while the 1812 Overture was playing. It surprised me. I'd been so horrified by the news of the day about the soldier who had apparently raped and murdered an Iraqi girl and then killed her whole family that I thought every patriotic sentiment had died within me. I guess not. Because we are American too, not just people like that. We stand for something too. Damn it, we do.

I'm helping out on a workshop at the Kennedy Center right now which is an ambitious and interesting project (link above). Everyone involved is lovely and passionate about what they are doing, especially Mr. Pullman. I don't think I'm supposed to blog about it though so I won't.

And rehearsals for LUNCH are going well. More on that later. You all have to come see it. You do, you really do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter