Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A Face With a View



I should, I suppose, mention that it is Valentine's Day.

I have never liked Valentine's Day. When I was seven I lost my wallet on Valentine's Day at the stationary store next to the Wegmans in the plaza across from the Perkins on Ridge Road. When I was ten I was sick and someone else had to pass out my Valentine's Day cards which is sooooo not the same as actually being there.

Frankly, I think it is a stupid holiday. Even when I have had a "valentine" I have thought it was kind of, well, unnecessary.

Shouldn't we celebrate the presence of a loved one in our life each and every day that they are sharing our space?

Out of all those kinds of people
You got a face with a view
I'm just an animal looking for a home
Share the same space for a minute or two


It is the reality that we will sometimes share that space for only "a minute or two", or a month or three, or a year and a half, or longer, shorter, but not forever - that I have so much trouble dealing with.

Learning to value that minute or two. That is what I need to do better.

I am tired and uninspired. I have to start packing tonight.

1 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy V Day! I love ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter