Saturday, October 22, 2005

Who Knew?

Through a series of unfortunate circumstances, which I won't go into right now, I found myself watching A LOT LIKE LOVE tonight.

Yes, on a Friday night. Yes, a movie that no one actually saw in the theaters, except perhaps some teenage girls pining after Ashton Kutcher.

My phenomenally bright cousin was the one who rented it.

(No joke. She is phenomenally bright, and she was the one who rented it.)

And I am here to tell you, it is not all that bad.

For starters, Ashton Kutcher and Amanda Peet are not only beautiful people (and goddamn it, they are beautiful people) but they are both actually kind of charming in this movie.

The script is trite and thin, the jokes aren't funny, there really isn't any point to it, but...

It's not that bad.

They have some kind of chemistry. Individually and together. They are both quite natural and understated in this film. It's nice.

I'm not saying, "Go out and rent it, " but I'm just saying...

(p.s. When I just spell-checked this post, every time it got to the name "Ashton", it nicely suggested that perhaps I actually wanted "Asthma")

1 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey CM-
You'll excuse me if I don't take your movie advice this week!
Hey, do you want to visit Cali in May for a wedding? I'd love it if you could.
I lost all my contact info when my computer crashed last month, which is why I'm contacting you this way.
Can you email me your address so I can send a treacly announcement.
Love, LDL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter