Monday, August 22, 2005

Eeking Out the Last Days of Summer Just Under the Wire



So much to catch up on from the weekend (in which I'll include Thursday night, because Thursday really should be part of the weekend.)

Highlights included:

1. Gogol Bordello concert at the Black Cat (or: Gypsy Rocker Punk! All the cool kids are doing it!) (Link in title)

2. Drive Friday night to Bethany Beach, Maryland (or: is it just me, or do parts of Eastern Maryland look like something from Deliverance?)

3. Saturday in Bethany Beach and Ocean City (or: How can I relax when there are so many people around?)

4. Leisurely lunches with my dear friends B and W, in W's amazing Bethany Beach home, food courtesy of the lovely and talented W, conversation courtesy of the charming and engaging B and W, and entertainment provided by B and W's four kittens (or: I know I said I was coming to visit just for the weekend, but would you all mind horribly if I stayed for the next month?)

5. An evening in Ocean City, Maryland. Woo. Hoo. (or: If you've been there, no subtitle is necessary. Suffice to say, the tattoo and mullet count was high, there was every varietal of fried dough creation to be had, souvenir tshirt shopping made my IQ drop several points, and someone needs to put a bounty on seagulls around here.)

6. Riding the rides (or: Is this bar really locked? Don't people fall out of roller coasters at places like this? I wouldn't trust the guy running this thing to deliver my pizza let alone turn me upside down so why... ahhh... ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!)

7. Dipping toes in the water (or: too cold, but the lifeguards are darn cute. Biologically, I could probably be their mother.)

More to come when time allows...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter