Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Mid-Week Hump

I'm feeling a bit disengaged today. Like I am watching the world from a few steps outside of it, and am not having actual authentic reactions to anything I see. Just an occasional, "hmmmmh" or "uh-huh."

That's rare for me. Usually if I feel anything about something I feel it very strongly. My issues in life have always been about having emotions that were too big, never too small. Sometimes emotions that I couldn't handle. But today I feel like an observer.

Wonder what that's about.

The good news is that we have finally jumped knee deep into my next project. Things are funky for rehearsals to begin with because one of our actors is in another show that opens this weekend. It is not ideal to start rehearsals when missing one of only three actors. But we do what we must, and I had a great session with the other two actors last night.

The technical elements of this show scare me a bit. Projections, film sequences, stylized lighting, and numerous sound cues -- these things can be the stuff that nightmares are made of -- or "dreams", for that matter, if well executed. But it takes some of the control out of my hands. Which does make me nervous. Have I mentioned my control issues?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter