Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Wednesday Share and Tell

Midweek Points of notice:

* Jessica Cutler is in the news again. One of her paramours is suing her for emotional damages. On the one hand I say, “Ha, that’s what you get for getting mixed up with someone so obviously heinous and self-serving”, but on the other hand I don’t really blame him since she got a playboy spread and book deal out of the affair, and all he got was a lousy reputation. She officially gets my vote as the person who has received way more press than she ever deserved in the past twelve months.

* Jason, my friendly 7-11 man actually made eye contact and asked me a question this morning.

“What is the date?”

I didn’t know the answer. He seemed disappointed.

He was getting rid of expired 7-11 wrap sandwiches and egg and cheese muffin things. Oh Jason, 7-11 friend, we can connect over something! Really! I’ll even help you keep the coffee station well-maintained, don’t give up on me now…

* “The DG”. No it’s not a new TV series on the WB network. It’s the Dollar General, aka the land of Hi-C and Honey. Apparently the DG on my side of town is shlock compared to the Family Dollar on the other side of town (I wish I were making this up. I’m not.) But I like my Dollar General (although some of its employees have been the worst offenders of the unfortunate stirrup pant incidents).

I went in yesterday and bought a box of chewy granola bars ($2.50), a triple pack of Dove soap ($2.00), and Herbal Essence conditioner ($2.50). You may have noticed that the prices are not actually one dollar, but that is what makes shopping there all the more suspenseful. Will it be $2.00? $3.50? I can hardly wait to find out! Rock on Dollar General!

(For those of you reading this who are growing concerned about the state of my mental health, I’m fine. One just learns to revel in small delights here. Trust me, you too would totally dig the Dollar General.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter