Thursday, May 12, 2005

Literary Satisfaction

The show (ah yes, the show) is going well. Tonight is our last staging rehearsal, and I am, for the most part, really happy with the progress everyone is making. We had a wig issue yesterday (sometimes things that should not be group decisions become one here – everyone has an opinion and no one hesitates to voice it) but aside from that, all is well.

The couple I kept wishing would get together in my book (link above) finally found each other last night (after fifteen years and about 300 pages). Rose Pickles and Quick Lamb. It really is a lovely story and a delightful book. I’ve never really thought much about Australia (save for a brief fling with an Aussie a couple of years ago, and my dear friend’s Australian girlfriend, who is the very best of people) but now I am intrigued. The story is set in Perth. Where the hell is Perth?

In other news, someone is drumming in the park in the middle of town here. It's great, because I so rarely actually see anyone in the park, and it is totally a place where people should be lounging and drumming and reading the paper. I realized the other day while sitting under a tree there, that city people are the only people who really make the most of a park. On a day as nice as this, Prospect or Central or Lincoln Park would be swarming with sun-bathers and frisbee throwers. I guess cityfolk know to grab a moment of sunshine whenever they can. Countryfolk can just get it in their backyard. Backyard. Heh, heh, heh. I know, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter