Friday, May 04, 2007

"I'll jack you up!"

Too many lovers in one lifetime 'aint good for you.
Too many heartaches in one lifetime 'aint good for me.


I can't stop listening to Feist. Anyone want to go see her on June 13? I know, I know, I'm a concert tease, but this time I mean it.

[heavy disco dance beat]
Don't try to tell me that it's over!
I can't hear a word, I can't hear a lie!

[Key change. Mellow resolve.]

Love it.

I saw Titus Andronicus last night at The Shakespeare Theater.
By intermission the jury was still not out. But somewhere during the second act the production won me over. For me--the bolder the better with this show.

And it brought back slews of memories. I forgot how much actual text was in Titus!. Each time they'd get to a recognizable portion I'd get this little thrill inside "Oh they are going to sing now!?" They didn't. Not even Vengeance, Rape and Murder.
I also caught myself laughing at moments where laughter was (kind of) inappropriate for this production because I was thinking of our show.

"When is Lavinia going to do the charades? Why isn't Stiles singing death pie yet? And they are so not as hot together as Joey and MB..."

I actually underscored much of the already underscored show with Shawn's music--in my head.

All in all it was a rather odd experience.

And I was reminded just how amazing Shawn's adaptation of the show is. Smart, funny, and so complete in its storytelling.

Titus! will rise again, someday, I am sure. You can't keep a show like that down.

5 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mwwwahhhhhh. what day of the week is june 13th? if it's a monday, i'm there!

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Hannah Hessel said...

You know I'm always good for a concert. We're still on for Thursday, right?

 
At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't get see enough of that video and song for 1234!

Eric

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger The Dougressor said...

Dude...do you remember at all when I auditioned for you & Shawn to be in what was it...the second or third version of TITUS! MB was kind enough to suggest to you that I should audition...then I sucked ASS. I think your comment were: "she kind of looks like you and her voice is low like yours." So...not so good on the playing MB's daughter. The ONLY musical I have ever audition for in DC. And I'm sure you could see why.
;)

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Joseph Pindelski said...

Wednesday ... May 16 ... the phoenix attempts another flight ... hopefully to Rome and on celluloid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter