Friday, February 17, 2006

Planes, Trains and Citybusses II

Well, I’m here.

After a morning of running around doing last minute errands, complete with a little pang of sadness that I am leaving DC on what was looking to be a phenomenally beautiful day, sunny, warm, just crisp enough to believe it is February, I headed out to National. While I seem to recall going through National for a flight sometime in the past two years the memory is blurry and I don’t remember where I would have been headed. This morning it felt like I had not been there in a very long time.

Anyhoo.

They have this new thing for security that they must be testing out on a randomly selected group of passenger. (See link above).

I was selected. It is this space-age looking machine, like a big silver doorway, that you walk into before you go through the metal detector thing. The doorway thing tells you to come in, stand still, then blows little busts of air towards several parts of your body, then tells you when you can leave.

I’m not making this up. Has anyone else experienced this?

I guess it must be checking to see if you are hiding anything under your clothes? Maybe?

Or maybe just trying to see if little bursts of air spurted behind your kneecaps will make you giggle. I know I did.

But I am here and I am exhausted and it is 9:30pm and I am going to bed. I miss everyone already.

P.S. I just watched the 45 minutes of Batman Begins. Christian Bale is getting high on blue flower fumes. This is a terrible, terrible movie.

P.P.S. An hour in and I am seeing some promise. For one, I always like Michael Caine and Tom Wilkenson. And Morgan Freeman. Two, we finally got to the Bat stuff, and three, Christian Bale wearing only pajama bottoms may be enough to make this worth watching. Sorry. That’s cheesy-girly of me to say, but it is kind of true.

3 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger Joseph Pindelski said...

No ... its not cheesey girly ... he's hot. I mean, who wasn't turned on in AMERICAN PSYCHO?

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Theata Widowa said...

Seven Year Itch, perhaps?

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger SAS said...

Yes, I think that's it. Thanks TW.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter