Tuesday, January 10, 2006

In the Land of Nod



Last night I dreamt I was making out with Christy Brinkley.

Not, like, a peck on the cheek. Really making out. Tongues involved.

Now, this struck me as odd on a number of levels. For one, while she doesn't look it, she is old enough to be my mother. Two, she's a blond. I don't generally go for blondes. Oh, and yeah, SHE'S A WOMAN. Really, what's that about?

Not to mention - why the fuck would I dream about Christy Brinkley!!??

I did manage to track down the imprint from the other night when a friend was talking about Billy Joel and the album he referred to as Joel's "I Love Christy" album. Apparently, the woman has been on my mind ever since.

I did some research. Ladies Home Journal (which is now giving Cosmo a run for its money by actually writing about sex) explains the two main components of this dream as such:

"Seeing Stars
Chloe*, a 36-year-old Chicago mom, still remembers vividly a dream she had her senior year of college, as she was emerging from a dysfunctional relationship with an alcoholic boyfriend. "I was dating Rod Stewart -- who I didn't even like that much at the time -- and I was so aware of how much he loved me," she says. "And his mother loved me, too! I woke up with this really strong feeling that I should wait for someone who would love me this much."

Celebrity dreams are quite common among women, says Richmond. A dream about a movie star you've always had a crush on may be simple wish fulfillment. But if, like Chloe, you dream about someone you're not particularly attracted to in real life, "it may indicate a desire to feel more special, to be romanced," says Richmond. Famous people have a special status, and being treated well by a celebrity -- not to mention his mother -- shows that the dreamer wants to be part of that VIP world.

Chloe's celebrity dream was so powerful that she did indeed hold out for someone who would treat her right. And she doesn't think it's a coincidence that the man she ended up marrying turned out to be a musician."

I feel better about this because Christy Brinkley is a lot more appealing than Rod Stewart and she has much better hair.

Further, they explain the girl on girl action as such:

Girl Power
"Both straight and gay women dream of sexual encounters with another woman," says Richmond. "It may reveal a need for more sensitivity or creativity from your partner, since we associate females with sensitivity and nurturing."

In McPhee's book Ask the Dream Doctor, a 22-year-old woman named Amanda describes a dream that took place at her best friend's house. "We were lounging around and drinking wine," she says. "All of a sudden we're in her bedroom and she is seducing me. I was totally into it." At the end of the dream, she finds out her mother has died in a car accident. Amanda was not sexually interested in other women -- she had a boyfriend -- but had been having problems with her mother. According to McPhee, the dreams signals that "her mother's reign as an arbiter of morals and values is coming to an end. Amanda is now rapidly ascending to the throne of deciding what's best for herself -- including her sexual self-expression."

So basically, I have a deep, hidden longing to be romanced and made to feel special by someone who is sensitive, nurturing, and a VIP. Which to me seems pretty obvious:

What I really want is to date Rod Stewart.

3 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait a second-are you sure you weren't dreaming MY dream?? That would explain alot. Such transference is common I hear...
-T

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger SAS said...

Are men really still into Christy Brinkley?

Or is the appeal more about watching two women, any women, (Christy and City Mouse will do...) make out with tongues involved?

Oh yeah, and my mom reads this.

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lets cut to the chase. Christy is not un-appealing. Wouldn't be my first choice for nightime fantasy, but I wouldn't object. So, I don't think it matters whether guys are still into her. Of course they are. Shes an attractive woman. Throw in a little girl on girl and then...

But Rod Stewart...thats a little weird. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter