Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Crunch Time

The above link directs you to an article about our production in the local weekly. My name is only mispelled once. Pretty good, copyeditors...

Note also that none of the quotes are exact, even though they are all placed in quotation marks. I know I said things that sounded something like the quotes, but they are all a bit oddly out of context... so be it.

Unfortunately the web edition doesn't have the hot picture of me and my stage manager that appears in the print edition.

I feel behind on everything right now, including this blog. I have an inbox full of emails that I can't bring myself to read, let alone respond to.

We go into tech this weekend.

Couragio!

2 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Blogger labcabbie said...

As an actor I was a little stung by the quote (or misquote?)"I think too much to be an actress." I am told by directors all the time that I "think too much" and I should get out of my head . . . are you accusing those of us who perform of not thinking enough? In the pool of thought, are we the shallow end? xoxox

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger SAS said...

That was actually an accurate quote, but it was a direct quote from my dean at the time. I absolutely think good actors are thinking actors, and only like to work with people who have a lot going on upstairs. My problem was that I couldn't connect the thought to the body, which did indeed keep me much too much "in my head" to be dynamic or interesting on stage. I am sorry if that came across the wrong way. I love actors, and think they have a job that requires everything - smarts, vulnerability, detail, stamina...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter