Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Help

A woman just called here at the box office and started our conversation off with the following:

"I need some help on something. I need help (pause) with something I need sorted out. I hoped someone there could help me with something (pause) that needs sorting."

I waited for her to finish.

The "something" was actually very simple. But the lead in to the problem was phenomenally complex, and far too wordy.

I thought afterwards how frequently we do that in life. Deal with the problem around the problem, all the while avoiding talking about the problem itself.

No deep revelations here, just a vow. To try and deal more directly with the thing, and not the stuff around the thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter