Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Picking my Battles

You may notice I've deleted several of the posts that were generating discussion at this site. I thought about it for a while, and when the battle lines just kept on raging, I decided finally that this is not why I started a blog. I started it because it was fun for me, especially when I was stranded in the wilds of West Virginia, because it allowed me an opportunity to stay connected to loved ones across the country, and was a good exercise for me to write with some regularity.

While I occasionally get up on soapbox when the urge strikes, I did not start this to be controversial or incendiary. The only place I would ever wish to be controversial and incendiary is in my theater work, and then only if it serves the text, and my "vision". I would not back down, ever, from my theater work. I will however back down from a blog entry. Especially when the discussion surrounding the blog entry no longer has anything to do with the actual blog entry.


So, we move on.

5 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coward. Stand up and hold your ground.

Joe's View Point

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger Sandwich Repairman said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger SAS said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger SAS said...

What happened above:

I responded with profanity to Sandwich Repair Man's lame attempt at getting the last word (because he would just have to, wouldn't he?) then thought twice about that and ended up removing both comments.

Sandwich Repair Man is apparently unwilling to accept my apologies, even though I have tried several times to do so. I removed the posts as soon as he requested that they be removed (something I would have done from the get-go had he asked) and have several times expressed my regret for hurting his feelings in any way.

But SRM just won't take that. He'd rather stay angry and bitter.

And so, just like the nations of this world, we refuse to listen to each other and instead find security in our anger and our insistence that we alone are "right".

And there you have it. A scary microcosm for the planet.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Sandwich Repairman said...

except that your ONE apology was rather qualified and belligerent, and you have yet to remove the second post. nor did you restore the links, which was what I'd suggested in the first place. or explain your expectation that you could passive-aggressively characterize me as a hopeless car wreck without being called to account for it. your apology was that you didn't think I'd see your post! How is that any better than a politician apologizing by saying "I'm sorry I got caught"?? nor do I censor comments on my blog, while you routinely do so on yours. you ignore my points, accuse me of having some need for a last word while getting it yourself (you'll notice I didn't have the last word on the debate you linked to on Dating Hell Diarist's site, on in the same debate on my own blog, but then I guess collecting evidence and basing arguments on it isn't your forte), accuse me of posting women's emails inappropriately without being able to cite a single example (among many other false accusations, including any "insistence" that I was "right")...and you wonder why a person would be upset.

did you ever notice that my blog is totally anonymous?? yet lets people email me privately, unlike yours where it has to be in the comments? i bet not. easier to assume otherwise.

Is it any wonder Jewish men aren't into Jewish women??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter