Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Worthwhile

How can one read the above article and not question whether their life serves any purpose. And I generally think that my life actually does have the potential for meaning.

I am not naive enough to say that theatre can save the world, but I do think it can serve a number of other purposes -- including making people laugh, think and discuss -- three things that do, in fact, make the world a better place.

The argument against theatre actually serving any purpose is that more often than not we are preaching to the choir. Which is true, sure. But sometimes the choir needs preaching to.

Anyhow, when I read something like this I wonder why I am not doing more. I don't have any reason not to -- no family of my own or obligations, really. I guess we pick our battles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Website Counter